A COMPREHENSIVE ONLINE STUDY AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAM ON THE WINES OF BORDEAUX
Bordeaux is France’s largest quality wine region and largest producer of AOC wine. Making wine for 2,000 years, Bordeaux now produces on average 650 million bottles annually. Bordeaux’s rich history, commercial significance, mercantile mindset, size, and quality set it apart from all other wine regions. Bordeaux does not beg study; it commands it!
The new Bordeaux Masters program has been created by Wine Scholar Guild, and your lead instructor, Mary Gorman-McAdams MW, who is joined by a team of Bordeaux experts from all over the world. Mary is an independent wine consultant, wine judge, educator, and business strategist with a specialist focus on the wines of Bordeaux. We look forward to welcoming you to this up-to-date learning experience that explores the intricacies of this fascinating region!
The anticipated launch of the new version will take place in Spring 2024, with enrolments opening in late 2023.
ABOUT THE ONLINE BORDEAUX MASTERS PROGRAM
The Bordeaux Masters program sets a new standard in wine education. Structured around the terroirs of Bordeaux, each month will focus on a specific sub-region and deliver a wealth of comprehensive and up-to-date study aids. You will find reading assignments from the manual, recorded sessions from an incredible panel of renowned Bordeaux specialists, and recorded interviews with leading Bordeaux experts.
All of this is on-demand, allowing you to create a study plan that suits your schedule. To keep you on track, there are also monthly live review webinars that will review the key lessons.
This five-month online format combines the ease and flexibility of on-demand learning, with the structure and live interaction to support your success.
Content has been divided into monthly study themes to help you stay on track. Each month you will study a specific sub-region via more than 40 recorded lectures that explore the history, viticulture, winemaking, geology, terroirs and the producers. Key concepts will be re-examined each month via live online review sessions.
- A printed copy of the fully revised Bordeaux Masters study manual
- More than 40 recorded lectures on Bordeaux’s history, geology, viticulture and winemaking practices, terroirs, vintages, and significant producers
- A series of interviews that explore current trends and news, conducted by Andrew Jefford with some of the most admired experts of the region
- 5 live monthly review webinars, recorded for on-demand replay
- Online, proctored exam sit
- Access to instructors and fellow students via the WSG community forums
A FULLY REVISED COMPREHENSIVE STUDY MANUAL INCLUDES:
- Viticultural history
- Wine trade
- Grapes, the vine, grape growing and winemaking practices
- All sub-regions and all appellations, including classifications
- Detailed maps
MONTHLY GUIDED STUDY PLAN...
Divided into monthly study themes to help you manage your studies and stay on track:
- Month 1: Bordeaux Regional Overview
- Month 2: Left Bank – Red Wines
- Month 3: Left Bank - Whites and Sweet Wines
- Month 4: Right Bank
- Month 5: Entre-Deux-Mers and the Côtes
MORE THAN 40 RECORDED LECTURES & INTERVIEWS, WITH 5 LIVE MONTHLY REVIEW WEBINARS...
Organized month by month to help you to review your studies effectively:
- Context: History, viti/vini practices, wine law
- Terroirs: climate, geology, sub-regions, and their appellations
- Producers: historic, leading & new generation
- Business: trade structures, classifications
- Vintages: classic and recent vintages
+ ACCESS TO INSTRUCTORS AND YOUR FELLOW STUDENTS
Join the conversation on the WSG Community! Interact with your instructors and your fellow students in spaces dedicated to this course.
WHO IS THIS MASTERS PROGRAM FOR?
DEDICATED BORDEAUX WINE ENTHUSIASTS
If you are passionate about Bordeaux and want to acquire a full understanding of its terroirs and unique history, this program is for you. You will gain a 360-degree understanding of the viticulture, winemaking, history, and the people who make this wine region so unique and appraised globally. After taking this program, you will be able to confidently speak on all aspects of Bordeaux as a region and a wine.
FOR WINE PROFESSIONALS
This program is ideal for sommeliers and customer-facing wine professionals seek to boost their knowledge about Bordeaux. After taking this program you will be able to speak with authority about wines of Bordeaux.
Study Bordeaux on WSG Studio