WSG is proud to partner with Borgo San Vincenzo in offering an immersive experience for the Italian Wine Essentials program (formerly called IWS Prep). The program blends wine education with history, culture, cuisine, and much more in a real-world setting in the heart of Tuscany.
The inaugural course in June of 2023 will be led by Andrea Eby, Italian Programs Director of WSG.
Meet local winemakers and connect with fellow wine enthusiasts. Enjoy guided wine-pairing dinners featuring wines from throughout Italy. Through classroom instruction and private tours and tastings, you will get a feel for the nuances in the Tuscan region that have helped give life to the multitude of rich traditions around food and wine.
ITALIAN WINE AND BEYOND
The Italian Wine Essentials course guides you on a wine-focused journey through Italy, learning about legendary wines, foods, landmarks, and cultural attractions that have made this region beloved for generations. With your home base in Montepulciano, the Borgo San Vincenzo and Italian Wine Scholar Teams work together to bring these elements to life in an interactive and immersive way, elevating the theory of wine education into memory-making moments in the heart of Italy's most revered wine region.
The five-night program leaves room for your own exploration as well and Borgo's Experiences Team can help bring your dream experiences into your personalized itinerary. Talk with our team about integrating a cooking class at a local agriturismo, going truffle hunting with a premier local hunter, additional wine tasting on a guided (or self-guided) tour by e-bike, or visiting the storied hilltop towns that dot the region.
ABOUT BORGO SAN VICENZO
A recently renovated and reimagined 21-room 18th century farmhouse in the vineyards of Montepulciano, Borgo San Vincenzo sits in the heart of the Tuscan countryside. A vineyard outpost just minutes from the medieval town of Montepulciano, Borgo brings experiential boutique luxury to the Strada del Vino Nobile with renovated rooms, an on-site restaurant, a craft cocktail bar, and common spaces for guests to enjoy at leisure.
Borgo's location allows us to celebrate winemakers and local producers that have been honing their crafts for generations. The dedicated Experiences Team is an integral part of the BSV stay, connecting visitors from around the world with activities and artisans that speak to their interests.
Rooms and suites range from studio-style accommodations to one-bedroom suites with separate living rooms and vineyard views. All rooms and suites are equipped with complimentary Wifi, Nespresso coffee makers, complimentary water, Italian linens, and Acqua dell'Elba amenities.
YOUR 5 NIGHT TUSCAN IMMERSION INCLUDES:
- Instruction throughout by WSG Italian Programs Director, Andrea Eby and BSV on-site sommelier, Francesco Bonauguro Italian
- Wine Essentials course materials, printed study manual, access to e-learning and optional exam
- Tutored tastings with approximately 25 top-quality wines from Northern, Central & Southern Italy for tastings during course education
- 5-night stay at Borgo San Vincenzo in the room or suite of your choice with daily breakfast included
- Welcome aperitivo hour with your wine hosts and fellow enthusiasts
- 2 guided wine pairing dinners at Borgo San Vincenzo with top-quality wines of Italy
- Private full day wine tasting experience in Montalcino with two tastings and lunch
- Wine tastings and lunch in Montepulciano highlighting distinct local producers Dedicated Experiences Team for coordinating extra activities and dining
- 20% discount on additional nights at Borgo San Vicenzo pre or post-program
DATES & PRICING
Two different five-day sessions will be offered in 2023:
June 11 - 16, 2023
Jeroboam (Studio): €2550 per person
Methuselah (Deluxe Studio): €2850 per person
Imperial (One-Bedroom Suite): €3050 per person
October 29 - November 3, 2023
Jeroboam (Studio): €2250 per person
Methuselah (Deluxe Studio): €2350 per person
Imperial (One-Bedroom Suite): €2550 per person
*Single supplement information available upon request.